We always try our best to protect the environment and invest in sustainable development.
“No one can do everything but everyone can do something”, is a phrase that we belive is true, especially when it comes to the environment.
“We urge all our guests and employees to pull their weight by printing fewer papers, reducing the use of towels and using environmentally certified cleaning products,” says hotel manager Tina Molander at Hotel Plaza about the environmental work.
Environmentally certified by Green Key
Hotel Plaza are eco-labeled by Green Key, which is a Swedish organization run by Green Key Sweden. Green Key is a leading international eco-label, currently available in 56 countries and supported by the World Tourism Organization and the United Nations Environment Program, UNEP.
Our environmental policy means that we make active choices in our operations with accuracy and care from an environmental perspective.
• We uses raw materials which are primarily locally produced and/or organic.
• We buy items necessary for our care and our maintenance in a responsible and environmentally conscious way.
• We document and follow up our energy and water use.
• We sort our waste according in the best possible way we have the opportunity to.
• We continuously train and inform existing and new staff to ensure that everyone has the right conditions to contribute to our environmental work.